Sunday, November 29, 2009

Watch out New Moon- we’re ready for you

I admit it. I read the Twilight books. Guys who sparkle in the sunshine don’t do it for me. Come to think of it- I don’t think I’ve seen Nate sparkle anywhere. I’ve seen him do other things that I can’t share on my family oriented blog- but not sparkle – no way – nuh-uh.


But Nate must be afraid of vampires. Or he feels threatened by how dreamy Edward Cullen really is – because my husband has planted more garlic than we could eat in four years. When I know he is doing something weird, and he knows I know it – talking to him never works.

“So why are we planting so much garlic?” I ask.

“This isn’t just garlic this is Susanville softneck- the perfect garlic for our climate.” His number one tactic is to confuse me with the facts. He thinks if he can spew enough facts out it will sidetrack me. He is pretty good at it. I am often sidetracked, in fact I remember when… But not this time, he was filling all my flower beds with garlic bulbs.

“So what are you going to do with this much garlic?”
“Braid it.”

“Braid it?”

“Besides eating it, braiding is what you do with garlic. You braid it and hang it.”

Now I have images of his next project which includes garlic hanging from various fixtures in my kitchen. Very Italianesque – but never in my decorating plan.

In the end I talked him into giving one of the bulbs away to his sister, who went home and planted more garlic than they will eat in a number of years as well.

At least Nate doesn’t have to worry about some debonair vampire coming in to sweep me off my feet. He’s got that covered, and braided, and hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment