Saturday, May 16, 2009

my little lou

Lately Gracie has really been keeping me on my toes as she begins to discover her independence. I thought I knew a lot about parenting and child development but Gracie has taught me great humility.

After one of her potty accidents I took her to the tub to get cleaned off. As I was looking for some clean underwear (which is virtually impossible to find lately) she decided to take off and this is where I found her.


Yes this is the front yard and yes that is a pile of dirt. As I watched her fascination with the dirt I realized how fleeting these childhood moments are, I love her and her determination to figure out the world. Being a mother is the greatest job ever.

3 comments:

  1. This is just about the cutest thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love Gracie. She is such an individual! It's great that you caught that with the camera. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I missed the story when you were telling everyone on Sunday, so I am glad I got to read it here!

    ReplyDelete