Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Saver of Snails

A few days ago while I was out weeding I got out the slug and snail bait and was sprinkling it on the the flower beds. Of course Rori wanted to know what I was doing, and I told her "killing snails." She was devastated and quickly went in the house got a bowl and began collecting the snails from the flower bed. I asked her what she was doing and she told me "saving the snails." (Which according to Nate was a lot worse for the snails than eating poison.)

Sure enough for three days Rori fed the snails (my flowers), gave them baths (I am sure they loved), and let them out of the bowl for a little while each day. Not to mention made sure they were held everyday. Until on the third day the snails got smart enough to realized they could climb out of the bowl and leave (lucky snails).

I wish I could tell you that no snails were harmed in the making of this blog but I am not sure that is a correct statement, so at least I can tell you they were well fed for a few days and just maybe Rori saved them for the awful fate of poison.

3 comments:

  1. That is so funny. I like that she lets you know how it is even without an argument. She really is getting to be such a fun little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay... so if the snails escaped from the bowl... where did they go? I hope they aren't scooting around your house... but I am glad they were in Rori's "good" care for a few days, I don't know why they would leave... room service and being held and play time each day... sounds better then rolling around in the mud!

    ReplyDelete