Saturday, January 9, 2010

Corneritis

My husband has never been to medical school. I think he took human biology in high school, but I still don’t think that gives him the credentials to be throwing out diagnosis like he sometimes does.

After a quick review of my symptoms he has declared that I have a very severe case of corneritis.

Never heard of it? Neither have I. So here is the definition provided by my husband:

Corneritis
/- [kawr-ner–ītis]
n.

Congestion of the corners in a domicile, caused by lack of organization or stashing and uncontrolled squirreling away. Symptoms include large stacks of stuff in corners, including books, bills, strainers, pressure canners, toys, beanbags, clothes, and baskets. Sever symptoms could cause irritation of the husband.

He requested that I post the following photos as proof of my problem:

Exhibit 1: Corner of the dining room


Exhibit 2: Other corner of the dining room


Exhibit 3: Corner of the nursery


Exhibit 4: Corner of our bedroom


Exhibit 5: Corner of our daughter’s room


I’m not sure what drives this obsessive compulsive disorder that I have. Nate is always threatening me that our next house is going to be round- with no corners. I tell him a big problem is there is no storage. He tells me there is but I don’t use it. I guess I will go clean the bathroom, I think it has a couple of empty corners that could use some filling up!

4 comments:

  1. Too funny! I must have the same problem as you...I think most people do! I always tell myself, I will put it away later, which seems to never happen, until the husband bomb falls! Tell Nate to relax...every woman does that...there is not enough time in the day, or enough space to put stuff no matter how much storage you have..you will keep collecting! Or the kids just drag it right back out! I fiqure I have enough time in my older years to keep a straightened and presentable house all the time..and if not..the Lord loves me just the way I am..so he should too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I'm not alone in the world! I thought I was the only sufferer of this awful "disease!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what do I have middleofroomitis? Everyone drops everything in middle of room, says I didn't do it, and steps over it making sure to smash whatever into a million pieces it they think it will actually upset its owner. So tell him it could be way worse, way way worse.
    Hugs,
    Vicki R

    ReplyDelete