Friday, June 20, 2008

Our New Neighbor

This morning when Nate was getting ready for work (at 5:30 in the morning). I looked out the window in our bedroom and notice a large black thing leaning on one of the trees, and then it started to move. I quickly called Nate over to look and he said look at the tree, its eating it...


Any ideas what it might have been? Well we watched it a little more and Nate said I think its a huge beaver. So we went outside to see if we could get any closer. We got close enough it determine YES it was a beaver. Unfortunately Nate was so worried about it knocking down the tree that he scared it off before I could get my camera to prove it. But later this morning when it was day light I went out to take some picture and I am pretty sure I found his home.


So now I am on a mission to photography my new neighbor...Trust me I will post pictures as soon as I catch him again. Does anybody know, are beavers nocturnal?

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I got pretty excited the other day when a family of four armadillos was hanging out just outside our apartment. I didn't even know we had those around here.

    Thanks for the comments, by the way. It's fun to know someone's looking at the stuff I'm posting. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will be able to get a picture...I want to see him! I can't believe your tree. One morning you will come out and discover the whole tree eaten down...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear it is Nate vs. the Beaver as he put chicken wire all around the tree. That is too funny that you have a beaver to begin with. I told Nate that what he gets for living out in "Magna!"

    ReplyDelete