Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Baby Animal Day

Last Saturday Loni invited us to Logan to enjoy "Baby Animal Day" at The American West Heritage Center. I must say we are defiantly fans and will be returning next year. Loni and my Mom can along with me and the girls making it even better.

There was so much to see and do and the weather was so perfect. I hope the pictures give the day justice.

Rori was so excited to see the reptiles that we had to cut our visit with the fuzzy animals short. On the way over to the reptiles a man was holding a little water snake that the girls wanted to see. (Despite the fears of their father.) While Rori was touching the snake Gracie started grunting and pointing at the snake so my mom took her over to touch it, but Gracie wanted to kill it not touch it. She reached out and tried to squeeze it. Luckily I got to her before she got to the snake, but not without Gracie striking a little fear into all involved including the snake and the man holding him.

The visit would not be complete without seeing if that Frog would turn in to a Prince...Thanks for trying Lon's...I am sure he will come some day soon.


After the reptiles we went over to watch the candy cannon, while waiting for the cannon to go off I got some pretty cute pictures of the girls, you got to love Gracie's smile (she is still learning).

We must have some affinity for ducks...I had one a stuffed one as a teenager... and Rori is still trying to convince me that the duck can live in the house on the tile. She promises that she will let it play in the tub everyday an always make sure that it never leaves the tile. I am still not convince but boy that little duck was cute.

Rori loved the ride home. My mom has a sun roof and we opened it to help cool down the car and it created a whirl-wind in the back seat, the giggles would not stop. Unless you were Gracie who was scared to death in the beginning, but with a little coxing, Rori convinced her it was pretty fun.

Thanks Mom and Loni for the day of fun and tons of memories we love you!

5 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for these pictures to go up! Thanks for coming up and bringing the girls, Shan. It made my week. Love ya!

    oh ps i have rori's sweater, i have been meaning to call you and tell ya but i always forget...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Loni we loved it too. Yeah, I remember you had her sweater. Just bring it when you come home again. Be good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a way to make grandma's day! Thanks for the joy! Love Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is soooooo much fun! I would have to say Gracie's little smile is quite hilarious! I can't wait for next year...I want to come too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love the picture of Rori with her hair everywhere! It makes me want to go for a drive with all the windows down! Baby animal day looks like fun and all your pictures are really cute! Tell Rori she can keep her duck at my house but he will have to share the pond with my pups!! :)

    ReplyDelete